Periimplantitis is an oral condition that occurs in those people who have dental implants placed, mostly of poor quality. This is a great risk in our health and dental aesthetics to which we must pay a lot of attention to be able to solve it on time.
This infection arises from the accumulation of microorganisms that gradually accumulate in the area of the dental implant that is in contact with the oral environment
Some of the symptoms to detect this condition are the following:
- Redness of the peri-implant mucosa
- Purulent suppuration
- Bleeding on probing
- Increase in the depth of the peri-implant sack
- Pain when clenching teeth
- Radiological loss of peri-implant bone height
- Progressive implant mobility
Some of the risk factors for periimplantitis could be the following:
- Weak bone
- Poor hygiene after implant placement
- Poor position of the dental implant
- Bacterial contamination during implant placement
- Poor quality of the implant being placed
We must bear in mind that we must meet certain goals in the treatment of this infection, some of them could be:
- Decontamination and conditioning of the implant surface
- Removal of the bacterial plaque from the peri-implant sack
- Verification and correction of occlusal alterations
- Dismanting and disinfection of prostheses and abutments
- Proper tightening of the screws on the pillars.
Once informed about the symptoms, risk factors and goals that meet in this process, Dr Asensio´s team is prepared to begin the treatment, which is divided into two phases:
- Conservative treatment
- Removal of the plate mechanically-manually: using rubber cups, plastic and titanium curettes, sandblasting systems and physiological serum.
- Chemical removal: local application of 0.12% chlorhexidia digluconate, 15ml every 12 hours for 3 weeks as a rinse for one minute.
- Systemic treatment: through antibiotic therapy with amoxicillin, metronidazole or azithromycin.
- Surgical Treatment
- Proceed to the soft tissue treatment
- A treatment of the implant surface occurs: disinfection and removal of turns in the supraosseous component.
- Regeneration treatment of bone defects: with biomaterials.
Request us for your appointment and put yourself in the hands of the team of Dr. Asensio, a team specialized in health and dental aesthetics, to obtain the best treatment in priimplantitis in Asensio Advanced Dentistry.
We will be happy to solve all your questions and help you in every posible way so you can look your best smile without any worries.