In order for our mouth to stay healthy and clean over time, we not only have to brush our teeth after every meal and floss. Diet is an important factor because it also influences oral health and helps maintain strong and healthy teeth.
Just as eating sweets or sugary drinks can affect our oral health, eating a diet lacking in certain nutrients can also provide less resistance to certain oral infections.
The team of specialized professionals at Asensio Odontologia Avanzada, a dental clinic in Spain, recommends 8 foods that help strengthen and provide nutrients to our teeth:
- order gabapentin canada Water. Produces greater salivation. When the body is not well hydrated it saves water and generates less saliva. For this reason, it is recommended to drink between 1.5 and 2 liters of water a day.
- http://pairviewtraining.com/events/tech-talks-webinar-19may2021 Milk and all its derivatives. Milk provides calcium to the teeth, with this element the repair of dental enamel occurs. Cheese strengthens the surface of the tooth and yogurt without sugars is very useful to remineralize the tooth.
- where to buy Pregabalin in canada Fruits and vegetables. Apples, carrots and celery have a sweeping effect on bacterial plaque. It cleans the teeth and helps the gums not swell. In addition, fruits and vegetables facilitate the elimination of bacterial plaque and food debris adhering to the teeth because they enhance the production of saliva.
- Chewing gum with sugar and xylitol. The compound xylitol is a natural sweetener that has important effects against tooth decay and oral bacteria, maintaining optimal oral health. With these products the cleaning of the teeth is favored because they enhance the secretion of saliva.
- Foods without color, such as white rice and white meat and fish. Colored foods are characterized by their pigmentation, and this can influence the teeth, causing staining or staining them.
- Foods with fiber. Whole grains or legumes also promote saliva production because they require a greater chewing effort
- Nuts and seeds. These are foods rich in vitamins and minerals, among which calcium stands out. The most recommended would be almonds, hazelnuts and pistachios (take them natural and without sugar or honey)
- Tea is characterized by providing reinforcement for the enamel, acting as fluoride, and also fights bacteria
With the incorporation of these foods to your diet and daily habits, complementing it with exercise and taking care of your mouth, you will obtain great benefits. Don’t forget to brush your teeth after every meal with fluoride toothpaste, floss and visit your trusted Asensio Advanced Dentistry dentist regularly.
Request your appointment and put yourself in the hands of the team of Dr. Lucia Asensio, a leading team in dental implants, dental health and aesthetics in Valencia