First of all, you have to know the types of orthodontics that exist in the dental sector. After evaluating which one best suits the needs you are looking for, choose one of them:
- Traditional metal/braces orthodontics — It is the most demanded technique so far. It consists of the fixation of stainless steel brackets of the highest quality on the surfaces of the teeth joined by metal rings.
Currently, there are variants to this type of treatment with new materials such as sapphire or ceramic, helping to improve the aesthetics of the treatment without losing any type of effectiveness.
- Lingual orthodontics — It is very similar to traditional stainless steel brackets, although the big difference is the overall aesthetics. In this treatment, metal orthodontics is placed on the inside of the teeth. Therefore. it is characterized as being a practically invisible orthodontic.
- Ceramic (or porcelain) orthodontics — This type of orthodontics belongs to the cosmetic dental category. In this case, the brackets are not metallic, but instead are replaced by ceramic porcelain, of a color very similar to the tooth, so it is less noticeable orthodontia. One thing to keep in mind is that the arc that runs through the mouth is indeed metallic.
- Sapphire orthodontics — In this case, the brackets are transparent and the arch may or may not be, depending on the preferences of each patient. They can choose between a metal arch or another covered by Teflon, which would make it practically transparent.
- Invisible orthodontics or Invisalign Diamond — One of the advantages of this invisible orthodontic is that it is composed of practically removable and invisible splints, something that differentiates it from the rest of currently existing orthodontics.
These transparent splints are placed on the teeth as if they were a cover and are imperceptible at first glance.
What problems do orthodontics solve?
Everything that is related to the bite has to do with orthodontics. It is advisable to go for this treatment to improve and correct this aspect of your oral health:
- Open bite: It is the one in which the upper teeth do not fit with the lower ones and there is a space between both dental lines that prevent the mouth from closing.
- Cross bite: Upper teeth protrude outside or inside of lower teeth.
- Covered bite: It is that bite that is covered because the upper teeth cover more than half of the lower teeth when the mouth is closed.
- Prognathism: It occurs when there is a displacement of the lower jaw with respect to the upper jaw.
- Retrognathism: This is the opposite of prognathism. In this case, the lower jaw is set back with respect to the upper jaw.
- Diastema: It is the interdental space that can occur in many cases.
- Dental crowding: It occurs when there is a misalignment and crowding of the teeth due to lack of space, in most cases.
From Asensio Odontología Avanzada, experts in orthodontics abroad, we want to provide you with greater safety and confidence. Therefore, we will advise you on what type of treatment best suits the needs of your oral health, after performing the first totally free check-up in our dental clinic located in Valencia.