Dental implants are pieces of pure titanium that replace the original dental roots, thereby allowing us to place an aesthetic and functional artificial piece in the place previously occupied by a natural tooth.
The implants are placed in a short procedure under very mild local anesthesia, as it is almost painless. The implant fuses with the jawbone, giving the artificial teeth stable support. These implants will not cause displacement in the mouth and will remain fixed and stable, which will be a great advantage for chewing and speaking.
4 Tips for oral care of implants
– Carry out complete oral hygiene. It is advisable to brush your teeth after every meal and floss every day. It is also important to know what type of toothbrush suits your needs.
– Stop smoking or reduce the dose. Smoking weakens the bone structure and can make the implant not as effective.
– Visit the dentist. It is advisable to make visits every 3 months to your trusted dental clinic to undergo routine cleanings and exams for verifying the condition of the implants.
– Avoid chewing hard food or hard elements such as ice or candy that could cause breakage in dental crowns and even break natural teeth.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
– It is a conservative procedure: It is not necessary to modify the teeth adjacent to the tooth to be replaced.
– The implant can be placed in any patient: Anyone may undergo the treatment. But first, a review must be carried out to check the oral health status to rule out the possibility of any cavities or dental disease. If they exist, they will have to be eliminated before the process.
– The implant prevents chewing and tooth movement problems: When a tooth is missing, the rest of the teeth try to reposition themselves to fill the existing gap. On the other hand, when the bone does not receive the stimulus produced by the tooth when chewing, it experiences a loss of thickness and height.
– Implants increase the self-esteem of patients: By replacing the gap of a lost tooth with an identical tooth, the person receives a great boost in self-confidence as they can chew without any problems and enjoy a beautiful smile. Not only does your smile recover, but your quality of life is restored as well.
– It does not need special care: Hygiene with an implant is completely identical to normal brushing: brush after every meal to avoid tartar and cavities. Keep in mind that it is necessary to carry out regular check-ups at the dentist.
– The implant can be placed even if there is not enough bone.
What does the treatment consist of?
The placement of an implant to replace the lost tooth is a very simple and safe technique. The implant is like a screw that must be inserted at the base of the gum, in the maxillofacial bone, by surgery. This “screw” will act as the new root of the tooth by fully integrating with the bone. The integration between the implant and the bone will take about 2 to 3 months to complete.
Once the adequate union between the bone and the implant has been confirmed, we move on to the next phase: a pillar or base will be placed so that the new tooth or prosthesis can grip and does not move. The exact measurements of the gap and the color of the teeth will be taken so that their new appearance is identical to the originals.
In general terms, the price of the dental implant depends to a great extent on the patient and the treatment they need. It may vary depending on the oral health status and the number of implants needed. For this reason, it is very difficult to give away a fixed price without taking into account the needs and circumstances of the patient.
As an approximation, the price of complete quality dental implants abroad in a spanish dental clinic (with surgery, screw, and crowns included) ranges between €1000 and €1500.
Put your trust in our specialized team at Asensio Advanced Dentistry, your trusted dental clinic in Valencia for dental holidays, and feel free to call us at 963 82 55 77 or 685 54 29 95 for any queries or concerns.