Béoumi SPECIAL PATIENTS
mathematically Every person must receive a personalised treatment appropriate to his needs.
buy prednisone without In orthodontics, what is considered as a “special case”? To start with, it would be more appropriate to talk about a “special patient” in orthodontics. It is a term in which we include all those people that, because of the disease they suffer, the treatment they receive or the physical or psychological disability they have, need a special orthodontic treatment.
Who we consider special patients: Factors that we have to take into account at Asensio Dental Clinic:
– Systemic: if they have some disease, physical or mental disability.
- Pharmacological: if they receive treatment with some drug that affects the treatment; if they have an allergy to medication, anaesthesia or some other substance.
- Psychological: if the patient suffers from some undiagnosed depressive state, emotional instability, fear or anxiety; determine the collaboration and predisposition of the patient who is going to have the treatment; what the patient considers important when it comes to rating the attainment of results.
- Toxins: tobacco, alcohol consumption and the consumption of other toxic substances.
- Socio-economics: the time the patient has; education as far as healthy habits of oral hygiene. Lastly, and unfortunately, like in any other field of private health, economic resources also can be decisive in the selection of a treatment by a patient. Any person must receive a personalised treatment appropriate to his needs, being prior the assessment by a professional of the different factors surrounding the patient.
At the Asensio Dental Clinic we offer our patients dental treatment with conscious sedation, controlled by our anaesthetist.
All of our specialist dentists have been working with this technique of dental sedation for years, which facilitates the treatment for the patient as well as for the orthodontist.
The utilization of conscious sedation facilitates a state of well being, reducing manifestations of tension and anxiety in the patient.
Why choose this sedation?
Fear of the dentist. Due to fear of the dentist many patients end up with really serious orthodontic problems, a fact that could perfectly be prevented going initially to the orthodontist. In patients that are afraid of the dentist, after a conscious sedation has been carried out, a vicious, phobic circle is broken, which afterwards will allow them to come to Asensio Dental Clinic, having conquered their fears.
Objectives that an ideal sedation must meet are:
- Lessen nervous tension and anxiety in an effective way.
- Contribute to the analgesia whether local anaesthetics employed are enhanced or either including analgesics in the conscious sedation technique.
- Minimise or eliminate undesired movements that make the dental treatment difficult.
- Cause some degree of amnesia of the procedures and the previous moments.
- The drugs used must have a rapid metabolism with minimum secondary or residual effects.
We also have nitrous oxide (also known as laughing gas), which is used to induce a state of relaxation.
This sedation is commonly used in a number of countries, among which are
The United States, Denmark, Australia and France, and it has been employed successfully for a long time, countries where the development of Dentistry is extremely specialised and in which anaesthesiology works in conjunction with it on a regular basis.