At Asensio Advanced Odontology we want to resolve doubts that may arise in anyone who is going to undergo a treatment at our dental clinic in Valencia.
This time, our specialized professional team has been in charge of solving all the questions of our patients and people who are interested in the treatment of dental veneers. It is one of the most demanded dental aesthetics solutions today to correct fractured, stained, misaligned, worn, uneven or abnormally spaced teeth.
This aesthetic treatment consists of the placement of ultra-thin ceramic sheets in the outermost part of the tooth, covering it completely to achieve the desired color and shape, providing a natural and attractive appearance, which have been previously studied with the patient. It is a totally painless treatment and in just one session you can achieve your smile 10, as described by Dr. Lucía Asensio, an expert in smile design at Asensio Advanced Dentistry.
What are the advantages?
It is a very simple teeth whitening that:
- Corrects multiple defects in the teeth. The shape, size and alignment of teeth can be improved, color improved, diastemas closed, etc.
- Elevate the aesthetics of your mouth. The color of the porcelain appears natural and brings luminosity to your mouth
- Very conservative dental preparation. It is a minimally invasive technique and veneers are much less likely to affect the nerve within the tooth.
- Strengthens teeth and restores functionality. They help strengthen fractured and sensitive teeth. Veneers can be used to restore worn dentin caused by bruxism as part of a complete oral rehabilitation.
- Increased self-esteem.
- They need little recovery time
- Resistance to staining and staining. Porcelain is resistant to classic stains from coffee, tea, tobacco and non-alcoholic beverages
- Local and general bi-compatibility. Ceramic, together with gold, are the materials that have the least biological reactions and bacterial plaque does not accumulate on their surface.
- Resistant to chemical attack. Both drugs or antibiotics, such as acids (citrus or others), alcoholic beverages and cosmetics can alter tooth enamel. The advantage of dental veneers is that they remain unchanged in these situations
What does the procedure consist of?
Dental veneers are custom designed for each patient and are generally made of resin or porcelain. To begin this process, the first thing that is done is to remove a thin layer of enamel from each tooth, to later model the porcelain pieces and adhere them to the surface of your teeth.
Who can have this treatment?
Anyone can proceed to undergo a treatment with dental veneers, although we highlight the following profiles:
- Discolored and / or worn teeth
- Irregular and gapped teeth
- Chipped teeth
Is the thickness of my teeth reduced a lot?
The changes that are made to the enamel of your teeth are minimal. Thanks to the technological advances that our dental clinic has, we will respect a large part of the surface of your tooth. It will also depend on several factors:
- Tooth color
- Position. Analyze if it is out of place
- Anatomy Are they canines, premolars, incisors or molars, etc?
- Old restorations
How long does the treatment last?
At Asensio Odontología Avanzada we are specialists in smile design. Dr. Lanuza and Dr. Lucia Asensio inform us that the treatment only lasts for approximately 4 appointments, which include:
- Taking dental impressions
- Preparation of teeth
- Final placement of dental veneers
Request your appointment and put yourself in the hands of the team of Dr. Lucia Asensio and Dr. Jose Luis Lanuza, a leading professional team in dental health, implantology and dental aesthetics in Valencia.