What is osseointegration?
It is a process of healing the implant placed in the patient’s mouth. There is a direct, structural, and functional connection between living bone and the surface of an implant subjected to functional loading. For successful osseointegration to take place, several factors must be taken into account:
- Whether or not inflammation occurs
- Implant design
- Time in which the implant remains free of loads (about 6 months)
Tips to follow the best postoperative care
With proper care, any complications and alterations can be prevented and the healing of the dental implant occurs in the best possible way. The advice to carry out this care will be given to you by the specialist who has taken care of your case and knows exactly how your healing will unfold. However, it is very important to follow the following general guidelines and recommendations:
- Avoid rinsing for the first 24 hours after surgery.
- Place ice bags in the treated area during the first day. In this way, inflammation can be avoided to a great extent.
- Take a soft diet during the first days as it is very important for the whole healing process. It also serves to avoid pressure and thus improve bone healing. In the type of diet, the temperature at which they are ingested will also be a key factor. You have to avoid very hot foods to prevent bleeding. It is better to take foods at room temperature. The recommended foods would be the following:
- Soft or ground-fish (Avoid chewing and increased tension in the intervened area)
- Fruit juices and smoothies
- Take antibiotics and analgesics according to medical prescription.
- Conduct regular check-ups at the dentist’s office where you have performed this process.
- Do not perform any type of overexertion or weight lifting during the first seven days.
- Smoking, drinking alcohol, or any other type of substance is prohibited.
12 Advantages of the All on four treatment
- Greater bone stability
- Good clinical results
- Planning with NobelGuide, enabling accurate and detailed implant diagnosis, planning, and placement
- With a reduced number of implants, a fixed prosthesis can be offered to the patient the same day
- Immediate implant restoration
- Full arch rehabilitation possible
- Greater efficiency in less time
- Saves treatment time
- Decreases bone loss
- Greater ability to access oral hygiene
- Greater aesthetics and improvement of personal self-esteem
- Minimal discomfort in patients
Finally, let us assure you that in our dental clinic in Spain, we follow all the prevention and safety measures against COVID-19. We will be happy to solve all your questions and help you as much as possible. You can count on your trusted dental clinic in Valencia to show off your best smile without any worry.
Come visit us!