buy Lyrica online canada What is a fixed prosthesis?
Fixed dental prostheses are those that remain permanently attached to the patient’s mouth, and therefore cannot be removed. It is not necessary to remove the prosthesis to clean it and it has no drawbacks of leaking food debris.
They do not need to go through a period of adaptation, as with traditional dentures which can be uncomfortable for the first few days when speaking.
There are two types of fixed dental prostheses:
– Fixed prosthesis on teeth: The prosthesis is attached to the healthy teeth of the patient, achieving great support and firmness. The only disadvantage is that you have to damage the teeth and polish them to get the prosthesis to hold properly.
– Fixed prosthesis on dental implants: In this case, it is attached to one or more titanium implants, which act as the root of the tooth. The prosthesis is fastened on them.
Fixed prostheses are used to replace the loss of teeth, providing the patient with a fixed tooth with which he can chew and speak regularly without any discomfort, thus fulfilling the functions of a normal tooth.
Schwechat What does it consist of?
In our Asensio Advanced Odontology dental clinic, this treatment consists of a professional from our team specialized in dentistry in spain and stomatology placing a custom-made dental piece in the patient’s mouth to fill in the missing piece. The process of placing the prosthesis will depend on its type:
– Fixed prosthesis on teeth: The teeth are carved and worn in width and height, forming what is called a “stump”, so that later, the prosthesis can be fitted on them and achieves a lasting hold. One of the disadvantages is that it is necessary to carve the tooth.
– Fixed prosthesis on dental implants: The prosthesis is fixed on the titanium implant, which acts as a dental root and on which the crown or bridge will be placed.
How much is a fixed prosthesis worth?
Putting in a dental prosthesis is a necessary expense when teeth fall out for different reasons. The price of a fixed prosthesis, in general terms, depends to a great extent on the patient and the treatment they need. Therefore, it is difficult to give a fixed price without taking into account the circumstances. A fixed prosthesis usually ranges from €250, and a fixed denture from €4,500, although this price may vary depending on several factors:
– Material of which it is made
– Number of teeth: The more teeth that are needed to be replaced through a prosthesis, the higher the price.
– Applied technology: The price will vary depending on the techniques that are needed for the installation.
– Provisional prostheses: The need for temporary dentures will also drive up the price.
Put your trust in our specialized team at Asensio Advanced Dentistry, your trusted dental clinic in Valencia for spain dental tourism, and feel free to call us at 0800 086 9049